18 Sep KitKat OTA Update Now Available for Starmobile PLAY
An Android KitKat update is now available for the Starmobile PLAY via OTA. To download and install, follow the steps indicated below.
1. Back up all phone data before performing the update.
2. Ensure that the battery is at 90% capacity or higher.
3. Connect to a stable Wi-Fi connection. Go to Settings > Wi-Fi
4. Check your PLAY’s software version: Go to Settings > About PLAY
*If your device is already running version 8 (V08), proceed to the next step.
*If your device is on software version 6 (V06), please update to version 8 (V08)
To update to V08, Go to Settings > About PLAY > Wireless Update > Download.
Download the update file and follow on-screen instructions. This is a 13.7MB download.
Once the download is done, click on “Update Now”Wait for device to restart and go through steps 1 to 4 again.
5. Go to Settings > About PLAY > Wireless Update > Download.
6. You will then receive the version 10 (V10) update. This is a version that will prepare your device for the KitKat update. This is a 99MB download.
7. Click on “Update Now” and follow the on-screen instructions.
8. Wait for device to restart.
9. Select “Launcher 3” and Click on “Always” and follow the on-screen instructions.
10. After you successfully update to V10, Go to Settings > About PLAY > Wireless Update > Download to receive the “Starmobile_KitKat_Play_09032.014” update.
11. Click on “Update Now” and follow on-screen instructions. This is a 542MB
12. A dialogue box will appear–click on “OK” Wait for device to restart.
13. To complete the update, perform a Factory Data Reset. Go to Settings > Back up and Reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset Phone > Erase Everything.
14. Wait for device to restart.
15. Enjoy your new Android KitKat-powered Starmobile PLAY!
- Do not connect the phone to a PC or charger during the update.
- Do not use the device while the update is in progress.
- If the device hangs at any point during the update, press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds. Your device will restart automatically after a few seconds.