02 Dec Do More on Your Mobile with the Starmobile KNIGHT Elite
[02 December 2015] With manufacturers churning out gadget after gadget and the market craving for ever-upgraded features, it’s easy to gloss over newcomers or fresh technology. Every now and then though, there comes a tech innovation that enthralls both experts and shoppers. Starmobile’s recently launched KNIGHT Elite is one such tech beauty.
Ever since its introduction the Starmobile KNIGHT Elite has since earned the moniker of being a “shooting star maker”—and for good reason. It comes with a unique built-in Star Cam feature to help take photos that are sure to get noticed—making one a shooting star almost instantaneously.
The secret lies in three functions exclusive to the Star Cam: ReFocus, Chroma Flash, and Opti Zoom.
- ReFocus lets you choose the focal point of your shot after you’ve taken the photo. The function works by simultaneously taking five photos at varying lengths then compressing them into a single file so you can select a single object (or face!) to focus on just by clicking on the area you want emphasized.
- Chroma Flash is a boon for anyone who has to take photos in low-light environments—it takes two photos in rapid succession, one with flash and one without it, and combines them into a single photo. Say goodbye to overexposed colors and unnatural-looking skin tones!
- Opti Zoom shoots multiple photos simultaneously to ramp up the texture and sharpness of your zoomed-in pictures. Results are clearer, cleaner, and smoother compared to regular digital zoom.
Aside from these picture-perfecting points, the KNIGHT Elite has garnered positive praise for culling topline smartphone features into one nifty gadget. At its reasonable price tag of only P9,990, it squeezes in value and features that will leave any phone geek beaming. Let’s do the math:
- With a Starmobile KNIGHT Elite, you get the plus points of having amazing photos. A digicam that can get you similar Star Cam–like post-processing effects can easily set you back by P5,000 or even more. The KNIGHT Elite dubs you a semi-pro, what with pictures that look crisp, clear, and amazing.
- Taking photo quality a notch higher, the features you can play around with using the Star Cam of the Starmobile KNIGHT Elite are akin to hiring pro photo-retoucher. Paying a pro to edit your photos the way Star Cam does will probably cost you a steep P2,000—per shot.
- If surfing speed is more your concern, Starmobile KNIGHT Elite levels the playing field with LTE pocket Wi-Fi devices. With its LTE capability, you can max up your network’s strength and upload photos quickly—or stream your favorite webisodes with ease. An LTE pocket WiFi with similar capacities—hardly any lag on good signal and no wasted buffering time—will easily cost you at least P3,500.
- The Starmobile KNIGHT Elite is also a dual SIM capable. This gives you the freedom to switch between your personal networks, depending on the signal strength in the area you’re in. A lot of Pinoys have two phones and shuffle between them throughout the day. The KNIGHT Elite keeps things simpler with its capacity to access dual networks in one device. A okay-enough secondary phone will usually cost you a minimum of P3,500.
- Finally, if you see your smartphone as an extension of your fashion wardrobe, the Starmobile KNIGHT Elite does not disappoint. It’s fast and stylish (thin, gorilla glass, full HD, etc.). If you’re paying for aesthetics in other brands, you can easily shell out more than P10,000 just to pay for a good-looking mobile phone that’ll make you look cool.
Since all these features are packed into the Starmobile KNIGHT Elite, it’s no wonder people are sitting up and taking notice of the all-around smartphone hybrid and its “starrific” price tag. As far as sensibilities go, the Starmobile KNIGHT Elite perfectly nails the Filipino craving for a value-packed sulit find.